Cobos: DevOps and Open Source best practices for your mainframe
Cobos is a Software Development Environment (SDE) based on Eclipse, the famous open source java development platform.
Cobos helps you modernize and improve the productivity of app development in mainframe environments IBM z/OS, IBM i, UNIX and AIX.
Designed as a software factory, Cobos provides efficient tools for code modernization and refactoring:
- Web Generator and Designer
Cobos 5.3: yet more features to modernize IBM i application development
- new 5250 Terminal to better operate your IBM i, also available in Japanese!
- updated WebGenerator and WebDesigner: bye bye green screens, hello browsers!
- better connection between Emulator and Traffic Player: record and replay your screens for easy testing. No need to be connected to the IBM i!
- improved documentation for a quicker start and easier use of all Cobos great features
- upgraded RPG Converter to convert more programs from column/fixed form RPG to free or full free RPG
- new Lock Optimist to avoid merge issues thanks to a pop-up window and a comparator