Software Factory – The software factory for industrializing developments
The Software Factory offered by Metrixware addresses the need of software publishers and large accounts to industrialize their software production chain:
- Define a global process – scalable and repeatable,
- Set goals to achieve – in terms of business,
- Activate the right levers with a measurable and rapid return on investment (ROI),
- Support change.
The Software Factory is a modular and flexible software suite to meet the various challenges and needs in a multi-client, multi-site, multi-provider, multi-technology (COBOL, RPG, Java, C/C++, PhP…), with a state-of-the-art process and tools:
- Manage the software factory, a production site, a project in particular,
- Master the manufacturing process, software quality, deliverables from outside …
- Standardize the continuous integration process, system testing, requirements monitoring, deployment …
- Improve Productivity by automating non-creative tasks and encouraging reuse.
It is also an audit methodology followed by change support and training for:
- Involve the various actors and stakeholders,
- Industrialize from an existing software factory,
- Accelerate the product development cycle.
Foundation: an open source building block (OSS) enriched by use-cases:
- Standardizesdevelopment processes for more productivity,
- Unifies the use of modules to automate repetitive tasks,
- Rationalizes the deployment and configuration of the software factory for controlled version upgrades.
Additional essential modules:
- Activity: to follow your overall activity (timesheet, CIR / CII …),
- Dashboard: for management dashboards based on KPIs and the Balanced-Score-Card (BSC) methodology,
- Checking: for software quality and application customs.
- A uses case approach to automate repetitive tasks,
- Deployment from an existing software factory, with turnkey support (migrations, training, etc.),
- The possibility of instantiating projects or factories from models enriched by feedback,
- A streamlined system administration with a Maintenance in Operational Condition (MCO) contract to control version upgrades,
- A deployment that can be part of a Balanced Score Card (BSC) process.
The Metrixware Software Factory offers a very interesting solution, […] allowing direct access to a complete and managed software factory in which the integration of projects can be accompanied by training in good development practices.
Christophe Blaess, C/C++ Expert
Some customer references